X-ray Science Interest Group
The goal of the X-ray Science Analysis Group (XRSIG) is to provide quantitative metrics and assessments to NASA in regard to future X-ray observatories. Specifically, the XRSIG will
- Track and analyze evolving science goals and requirements in X-ray astronomy, especially as current "hot" topics evolve.
- Provide an active communication forum for X-ray astrophysics (e.g., via town hall meetings at venues such as AAS and APS meetings).
- Support mission studies and concept development for future X-ray observatories.
- Analyze technology development and prioritization plans with respect to redefined science goals and the evolution of mission concepts (i.e., the XRSIG will aid the PhysPAG in analyzing technology needs).
The XRSIG is open to all members of the community.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the XRSIG, please subscribe using the link below. For other inquiries, e-mail co-chairs
Mark Bautz at email@example.com,
Ralph Kraft at firstname.lastname@example.org, and
John Tomsick at email@example.com.
- X-ray SIG white paper: "The Scientific Significance of the Soft X-ray Spectrometer" [PDF]
- Past Meetings
- January 3, 2017: X-ray Science Interest Group Meeting at the 229th American Astronomical Society Meeting in Grapevine, Texas [Full agenda here]
- Summary of XRSIG Telecon: Response to the loss of Hitomi; June 8, 2016 [PDF]
- American Physical Society Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, April 16-19, 2016
- XRSIG Meeting at the High Energy Astrophysics Division (HEAD) Meeting, Naples, FL, April 3-7, 2016 [Agenda]
- XRSIG Meeting at the 227th AAS Meeting, January 4-8, 2016, Kissimmee, FL [Agenda]
- XRSIG meeting at the special HEAD meeting in Chicago, IL on July 30, 2015
- XRSIG meeting at the January 2015 AAS meeting in Seattle on January 4, 2015
- XRSIG meeting at the HEAD meeting in Chicago on August 18, 2014
- XRSIG meeting at January 2014 AAS Meeting in Washington, DC, on January 5, 2014 [Agenda]
- X-ray SAG Meeting, Monterey, California, 12 April 2013
XRSIG Mailing List
Subscribe to the XRSIG mailing list.