Cosmic Ray Science Interest Group
Co-Chairs of the CRSIG are Igor Moskalenko and Jim Beatty.
The goals of the Cosmic Ray Science Interest Group (CRSIG) are to provide quantitative metrics and assessments to NASA in regard to current and future needs of the cosmic-ray astrophysics community and to act as a focal point and forum for the cosmic ray community.
CRSIG will work towards producing a white paper covering:
- the major open science questions
- a brief survey of the current and planned, US and International, space and ground-based projects—their energy coverage (from about 108 eV to 102 eV), sky coverage, and particle type coverage (electrons, positrons, nucleons, anti-nucleons, nuclei, anti-nuclei, neutrinos, and new particles)
- a survey of the state-of-the-art capabilities, the next generation technology needs, and potential science return from new technologies and capabilities
- a vision for the future of cosmic ray science in space
The CRSIG is open to all members of the community.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the CRSIG, please subscribe using the link below. For other inquiries, email
Igor Moskalenko at email@example.com and
Jim Beatty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Meetings
- Past Meetings
- Cosmic Ray SIG Mini Workshop January 28, 2017, at University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Cosmic Ray Research Today and Tomorrow [Agenda]
- Cosmic Ray SIG Mini-symposium at APS Meeting, January 28–31, 2017, Washington, D.C.
- Cosmic Ray SIG Meeting at APS Meeting, April 16-19, 2016, Salt Lake City, UT
- Cosmic Ray SIG Meeting at 227th AAS Meeting, Room: Naples, January 4-8, 2016, Kissimmee, FL [Agenda]
- APS Meeting, Baltimore, MD, Monday, April 13, 2015
- Cosmic Ray SIG meeting: 3:30–5:30 P.M. in Room: Ruth
- Cosmic Ray SIG update: Eun-Suk Seo [PDF]
- ISS-CREAM Status: Eun-Suk Seo [PDF]
- Balloon News: W. Vernon Jones [PDF]
- Antiparticles/antinuclei: John Mitchell
- Light Isotopes: Thomas Hams
- Ultra Heavy nuclei: Bob Binns [PDF]
- Electrons: Brian Rauch [PDF]
- EUSO Status: Angela Olinto [PDF]
- UHE neutrinos: Peter Gorham [PDF]
- ICRC plan: Tom Gaisser, Francis Halzen, David Kieda et al. [PDF]
- Cosmic Ray SIG Meeting, at AAS on Sunday, January 5, 2014 [Agenda]
CRSIG Mailing List
Subscribe to the CRSIG mailing list.