Cosmic Ray Science Interest Group
Igor Moskalenko, Chair—firstname.lastname@example.org
The goals of the Cosmic Ray Science Interest Group (CosmicSIG) are to provide quantitative metrics and assessments to NASA in regard to current and future needs of the cosmic-ray astrophysics community and to act as a focal point and forum for the cosmic ray community.
The CosmicSIG is composed of John Mitchell (GSFC), Igor Moskalenko, Chair (Stanford U), Angela V. Olinto (U Chicago), Eun-Suk Seo (U Maryland). CosmicSIG will work towards producing a white paper covering:
- the major open science questions
- a brief survey of the current and planned, US and International, space and ground-based projects—their energy coverage (from about 108 eV to 1020 eV), sky coverage, and particle type coverage (electrons, positrons, nucleons, anti-nucleons, nuclei, anti-nuclei, neutrinos, and new particles)
- a survey of the state-of-the-art capabilities, the next generation technology needs, and potential science return from new technologies and capabilities
- a vision for the future of cosmic ray science in space
The CosmicSIG is open to all members of the community.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the CosmicSIG, please subscribe using the link below. For other inquiries, e-mail Igor Moskalenko, chair of the CosmicSIG, at email@example.com.
- Upcoming Meetings
- Past Meetings
- CosmicSIG Meeting at APS Meeting, April 16-19, 2016, Salt Lake City, UT
- CosmicSIG Meeting at 227th AAS Meeting, Room: Naples, January 4-8, 2016, Kissimmee, FL [Agenda]
- APS Meeting, Baltimore, MD, Monday, April 13, 2015
- CosmicSIG meeting: 3:30–5:30 P.M. in Room: Ruth
- CosmicSIG update: Eun-Suk Seo [PDF]
- ISS-CREAM Status: Eun-Suk Seo [PDF]
- Balloon News: W. Vernon Jones [PDF]
- Antiparticles/antinuclei: John Mitchell
- Light Isotopes: Thomas Hams
- Ultra Heavy nuclei: Bob Binns [PDF]
- Electrons: Brian Rauch [PDF]
- EUSO Status: Angela Olinto [PDF]
- UHE neutrinos: Peter Gorham [PDF]
- ICRC plan: Tom Gaisser, Francis Halzen, David Kieda et al. [PDF]
- CosmicSIG Meeting, at AAS on Sunday, January 5, 2014 [Agenda]
CosmicSIG Mailing List
Subscribe to the CosmicSIG mailing list.