Physics of the Cosmos News
The National Academies' Aeronautics and Space Engineering Board and Space Studies Board invite you to join them for the open sessions of their joint spring meeting on June 8–11, 2020.
Of special interest to PCOS scientists:
- Celebrating the Hubble Space Telescope (Tue 9 Jun, 1:20pm–2:30pm ET): Talk and panel discussion celebrating the telescope's 30th anniversary.
- Update from the Office of Science and Technology Policy (Tue 9 Jun, 4:10pm–5:20pm ET) NASA SMD Update (Wed 10 Jun, 11:55am–1:05pm ET): Presentation and discussion on the current state of NASA's Science Mission Directorate.
- Update from the Committee on Astronomy & Astrophysics (Wed 10 Jun, 3:00pm ET)
The meeting will include reports on all aspects of aerospace engineering. The complete meeting agenda can be found in PDF format, or as a web page.
This event will be held entirely online, with a livestream here: https://livestream.com/accounts/7036396/events/9150540.
Open Session Dates and Times:
- Day 1: Mon 8 Jun, 11:30am-4:15pm ET [Agenda]
- Day 2: Tue 9 Jun, 12:10pm-6:50pm ET [Agenda]
- Day 3: Wed 10 Jun, 11:40am-4:15pm ET [Agenda]
- Day 4: Thu 11 Jun, 1:00pm-4:40pm ET [Agenda]
See our new Events Calendar
Program News and Announcements
6 May 2022
ROSES-22: Opportunities for Community Comment on Draft D.14 Roman Space Telescope Research and Support Participation » Details
6 May 2022
Workshop on Unique Science from the Moon in the Artemis Era 7–9 June 2022 » Details
6 May 2022
ROSES-22: Final Text and Due Date for D.17 X-Ray Imaging and Spectroscopy Mission Guest Scientist Program » Details
2 May 2022
NASA Astrophysics Town Hall, Tuesday, 3 May 2022 » Details
26 April 2022
National Academies Board on Physics and Astronomy — Spring 2022 Meeting » Details
11 April 2022
NASA Astrophysics Division Town Hall | May 3, 2022 » Details
8 April 2022
NASA Astrophysics Advisory Committee Members Sought » Details
5 April 2022
The NASA Physics of the Cosmos (PCOS) Program Office is organizing a Time Domain and Multi-Messenger Astrophysics (TDAMM) Initiative Workshop to be held in the Annapolis area on August 22nd–24th 2022
22 March 2022
Science Mission Directorate Seeks Volunteer Reviewers » Details
19 January 2022
NASA PCOS/COR Program Office Announces Upcoming International Workshop on Time Domain Astronomy/Multi-Messenger Astrophysics (TDAMM) » Details