Physics of the Cosmos Program Analysis Group (PhysPAG)
NOTE: The PhysPAG is an analysis arm of the Astrophysics Subcommittee of the NAC Science Committee. The PCOS Program Office maintains the web page as a service to the community.
The Physics of the Cosmos Program Analysis Group (PhysPAG) serves as a forum for soliciting and coordinating input and analysis from the scientific community in support of the PCOS program objectives. The PhysPAG enables direct and regular communication through public meetings that give the community opportunities to provide its scientific and programmatic input. All interested scientists can contribute to the PhysPAG by participating in the PhysPAG meetings and by providing their input. The Executive Committee (EC) is the steering body of the PhysPAG. Its members are appointed by NASA with the concurrence of the Astrophysics Subcommittee, and their responsibilities include collecting and summarizing community input with subsequent reporting to NASA SMD via the NAC. For more information on the operation and organization of the PhysPAG, please see the signed PhysPAG Terms of Reference [PDF].
PhysPAG Science Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Inflation Probe (Chairs: Amber Miller, Edward Wollack): Coordinate community activities and preparations for a future cosmic microwave background polarization mission.
- Gravitational Waves (Chairs: John Conklin, Neil Cornish): Coordinate community activities and preparations for a future gravitational wave mission.
- X-rays (Chair: Jay Bookbinder): Coordinate community activities and preparations for a future X-ray astronomy mission.
- Gamma Rays (Chair: Mark McConnell): Coordinate community activities and preparations for a future gamma ray astronomy mission.
- Cosmic Rays (Chair: Angela Olinto): Coordinate community activities and preparations for a future cosmic ray astronomy mission.
- Special HEAD Meeting: High-Energy Space Missions in the 2020s, Chicago, IL, June 29 - July 1, 2015 [PhysPAG Agenda]
- GammaSIG Meeting
Monday, June 29, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Great Lakes Grand Ballroom
- XRSIG Meeting
Tuesday, June 30, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Great Lakes Grand Ballroom
- PhysPAG Meeting at American Physical Society, Baltimore, MD, April 11–14, 2015
- Joint PAG Executive Committee Meeting, March 19, 2015 [Summary Charts PDF]
- GWSIG Meeting, at LIGO-Virgo Collaboration Meeting, Pasadena, CA,
February 2015, TBC
- CMB Workshop (IPSIG discussion planned), Minneapolis, MN, Jan 14-16, 2015
- Workshop (Future Space-Based Gamma-Ray Observatories) @ NASA/GSFC, Feb 5-7, 2015
- At 225th AAS Meeting, Seattle, WA, 4–8 January 2015 [Full Agenda]
- GammaSIG Meeting
Sunday, January 4, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Room 6B
- XRSIG Meeting
Sunday, January 4, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Room 6C
- PAG Plenary (join with CoPAG and ExoPAG to meet with Paul Hertz)
Sunday, January 4, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM, in Room 6B
- PCOS Town Hall Meeting
Sunday, January 4, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, in Room 6C
- 2015: The Centennial of General Relativity
- Sessions on Monday, January 5, at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM, co-hosted with HEAD, Room 610
- PAG Session
Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 10:00 AM, Room 606
- PhysPAG Executive Committee Selections, Memo from NASA Headquarters November 2014 [PDF]
- PhysPAG Executive Committee Selections, Memo from NASA Headquarters December 2013 [PDF]
|PhysPAG Executive Committee Membership|
|J. Bock, Chair||Caltech/JPL||CMB||December 2016|
|J. Nousek*, Past Chair||Penn State Univ.||X-rays||December 2015|
|M. Bautz||MIT||X-rays||December 2016|
|R. Bean||Cornell Univ.||Dark Energy||December 2016|
|J. Bookbinder||SAO||X-rays||December 2015|
|J. Conklin||Univ. of Florida||Gravitational Waves||December 2017|
|N. Cornish||Montana State Univ.||Gravitational Waves||December 2016|
|O. Doré||JPL||Dark Energy||December 2017|
|H. Krawczynski||Washington Univ. in St. Louis||Gamma-rays||December 2017|
|M. McConnell||Univ. of New Hampshire||Gamma-rays||December 2016|
|A. Miller||Columbia Univ.||CMB ||December 2017|
|A. Olinto||Univ. of Chicago||Astroparticles||December 2015|
|Eun-Suk Seo||Univ. of Maryland||Astroparticles||December 2016|
|E. Wollack||NASA/GSFC||CMB ||December 2017|
|*ex officio, term extended until December 2015|